Baltimore Area Actors! Industrial-Strength Theater Seeks Actors For 2024 Season!
BALTIMORE Seeking a diverse company of actors for our 2024 theatre productions, and beyond.
Open Actor Auditions at Baltimore Theatre Project.
45 West Preston Street, Baltimore Maryland 21201
SATURDAY 2 December 2023, NOON to 5pm.
MONDAY 4 December 2023, 5pm to 9pm.
Non-union (pre-AEA). Paid/stipend.
Seeking a wide, diverse, ensemble company of actors. All ages, types wanted.
First come, first served sign-up in lobby the day you attend.
Please bring headshot & resume, even if you’ve previously emailed us.
Please be prepared to do your best monologue. We’d love to hear two, if you have them, one contemporary and one classical.
Auditors in attendance: Tony Tsendeas (director), Mark Redfield (director).
We are looking to create a dynamic company of great actors!
Of special interest (roles/character descriptions):
for “Moby Dick-Rehearsed” by Orson Welles
- Ishmael (The Young Actor). Early 20s. Energetic. Eager. Adventurous.
- Starbuck (The Experienced Actor, as described in the script). 30s. Hard. Experienced whaler. Compassionate. Confronts Ahab.
- we seek a diverse cast for this vocally and physically challenging play.
for “Mr. Pim Passes By” by A. A. Milne
Solid British accents a must. (British Received).
- George Marden. About 50. Think Nigel Bruce.
- Olivia Marden. 35-45. Married to George Marden. Think Maggie Smith.
- Dinah. About 25. George’s niece. High energy. Electric. Play piano & guitar a plus.
- Lady Marden. About 55 up. Think Judy Dench/ Margaret Rutherford.
- Brian Strange. About 25-30. A simple young man.
- Anne. About 25. The Marden’s maid.
Our first two productions will be presented at Baltimore Theatre Project, in the Spring of 2024. Rehearsals begin in earnest in February 2024.
Our Spring productions at Baltimore Theatre Project are:
“Moby Dick-Rehearsed” by Orson Welles. March 2024
“Mr. Pim Passes By” by A. A. Milne. April 2024.
Hope to meet you at Baltimore Theatre Project at our auditions December 2 and 4, 2023!
~ Mark Redfield
Posted: Monday 6 November 2023